Wednesday 19 March 2008

Prolactin

After not menstruating for 7 months (and not being pregnant) my GP took some blood tests and apparently my prolactin level is through the roof. This explains my lack of periods and there is a chance it is caused by a growth on the pituitary gland. She reassured me that this would be benign, but I am going for an MRI scan on 25th April to see if that is what is causing it.

It can also be caused by domperidone which I take for my gastroparesis.

Anyone else had this experience or symptoms?

I am seeing an endo on 2nd April to see if they can shed any light on things.

3 comments:

Donna said...

I've not heard of this before. So I can't shed any light on it. But I will keep you in my prayers. Hope all goes well with the endo appointment & the MRI. Keep us posted.

Donna said...

Hi Donna - Tag! You're it! See my post at: http://donnabetes.blogspot.com/2008/03/tag-im-it.html

Here's what you do:
1) Write your own six word memoir;
2) Post it on your blog and include a visual illustration if you’d like;
3) Link to the person that tagged you in your post, and to the original post if possible so we can track it as it travels across the blogosphere;
4) Tag at least five more blogs with links; and
5) Leave a comment on the tagged blogs with an invitation to play!

Have a happy Monday!

Billys Mama said...

Hi Just read your blog re prolactin - I know it is old now but how did you get on? AM also a fortysomething IDD diagnosed in the 1980s and have just had a prolactinoma diagnosed. Wondering if any others out there with this condition and how they cope. Diabetes is bad enough and getting no help or support from the NHS anymore. The local hospitals are pitiful and my HBAs ar around 9. so now another endocrine problem and I feel totally lost aswell